Monday, January 23, 2012

Lady GaGa and Bagipes



Had a 17 mile run on the schedule. My friend Jenn had a 24 miler so we went together out to the forest fire roads.
It was cold and foggy when we got there. And the weird thing is, it got colder and more foggy as the day went on. Like Werewolf foggy. Eerie.
The first loop was not too bad. I walked up most but not all of the hills. The second loop. That was a different story. My left hip started bothering me some on the uphills and then even on the down hills. But I did the best I could. One of the best things was that I had my Ipod with me and with the help of Lady GaGa, moving fast on the up hills, it was not bad. Also for those that don't know, I also have bagpipe music on my Ipod. I love how majik it feels to run through the hills to the sound of the Grand pipes. Makes my insides happy.
And because I was by myself I actually did the "Party Rock" hamster dance after I made it to the top of a climb I usually can not run. Luckily no one was there to see me.
It is amazing how some music can just help to pull you along even when you think you can't go any farther.
The pups stayed home with Dad this time. It was a bit long for them. They had fun. Dad well he didn't kill them. :)
Onward to a new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment