Tuesday, January 17, 2012

This week schedule and Mon at the park


This weeks running schedule:
Mon. Cross-train Tues. 4 mi Wed. 8 mi. Thurs. 4 mi.
Fri: Off day Sat. 8 mi. Sun. 17 mi Total miles this week:41
Did not have to go in to work until 3. Took G-an and Sasha-bean to the West Side Park to get the run in. It was not as cold as Sun. Only about 40 and breezy. It is always breezy at the Park. I think it must be due to being between the hill and next to the Ohio River. There was no one else in the park when we got there. So off we went down the cross-country track. G-man in the lead and Sasha close behind. Her legs were going all over the place as she tried to figure out how to run through the little snow drifts that were left from the weekends snow. The dogs slammed to a stop at the bank of the little creek and just as I got there I was amazed. Apparently they had gotten a squirrel trapped between the water and the trees. It could not get past them and the water was still really cold. So they were at a standoff until I got too close. Then the squirrel did the totally unexpected...he jumped in the water and swam across and up the tree on the far side of the creek. There he sat wet and giving us a cussing out in squirrel. I did not know squirrels could swim. Learn something new every day. The rest of the run was uneventful. After about 40-50 mins and I was tired and Sasha was doing her...I have a stick I'll lay down until Mom gets here then I'll run a bit and lay down again thing. We went back to the car. Happy and tired pups...well not too tired but at least not vibrating in place either.

No comments:

Post a Comment